Upgrade Your Praecis Gntp Network Time Server (GPS)
Free Software Upgrades
We provide free software upgrades for our products. The software available on this page is for the Praecis Gntp only - the NTP Server with GPS. To download software for the Praecis Cntp (NTP Server with CDMA) click here. The latest binary image files are below:
- NTP Subsystem - v1.06 (<3M)
WARNING!!! Some browsers will automatically unzip this file which will render your time server inoperable. After you have downloaded, make sure the gzip file is <3M in size before proceeding with the upgrade.
- GPS Receiver Subsystem firmware - v2.22 (<250K)
To start please refer to "Appendix B - Upgrading the Firmware of your Praecis Gntp User's Manual. If you would like to download the user manual click here.
The first image file above is for the NTP Subsystem. This is a GZIP file (.gz) so use as is - do not decompress it before downloading into the NTP Subsystem. To download follow the instructions in "Appendix B - Performing the Praecis Gntp Upgrade".
The second image file above is for the GPS Receiver Subsystem. To download follow the instructions in "Appendix B - Performing the GPS Upgrade".
If you have any problems with the upgrade please contact customer support by email or phone: 1-877-749-3878.
History of Software Changes
NTP Subsystem — Software Part Number 6010-0003-000
1. Added netstat utility.
2. Fixed minor SNMP bugs.
3. Forced file system check on boot.
|1.04||Changes affected Linux kernel. Root file system is the same as in version 1.03 - no need to update if you already have version 1.03.|
|1.03||Updated NTP daemon (ntpd) to version 4.1.1c-rc2. This corrects a problem when in multicast mode with authentication.
Updated the OpenSSH version to 3.7.1p2. Updated the OpenSSL version to 0.9.6k. The OpenSSL libraries are used by SSH and SNMP for their encryption capabilities.
1. Addition of some MIB variables and a trap.
2. The addition of a multicast configuration capability.
3. New command added - gntposctype.
4. New commands added - gntptimemodeconfig and gntptimemode. These commands are pertinent to those NTP units with the optional time code output.
5. Added a dynamic mode capability for mobile applications.
|1.01||Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) added.|
GPS Receiver Subsystem — Software Part Number 6010-0001-004
1. Corrected week rollover problem caused by GPS receiver from 3rd-party vendor. Symptoms began at UTC midnight on Feb 14, 2016. This product should not be affected by another GPS week rollover until the year 2035. For details, read this Field Service Bulletin.
2. Added error checking on UTC offset parameters received from GPS receiver.
|2.21||Changes are pertinent to CDMA units and are not listed here.|
|2.20||Changes are pertinent to CDMA units and are not listed here.|
|2.19||Corrected a rare problem where GPS position fixes would be unavailable for processing and the unit would eventually lose lock.|
|2.18||Fixed a potential bug that occurred only in situations where the GPS antenna is connected via a splitter or distribution amplifer.|
|2.17||Changes are pertinent to CDMA units and are not listed here.|
|2.16||Changes are pertinent to Time & Frequency units and are not listed here.|
|2.15||Changes are pertinent to CDMA units and are not listed here.|
|2.14||Improved integrity checking on time information input.|
|2.13||Corrected bug in holdover-capability for units for oscillator options.|
|2.12||Fixed bug wherein unit with window-mount antenna would lose tracking on satellites but still report satellites in view.|
1. Added a dynamic-mode capability for mobile applications.
2. Added a five-minute warmup period for units with Rubidium oscillators.
|2.10||Changes are pertinent to the frequency products and are not listed here.|
|2.09||Added optional time code output capability.|
|2.08||Changes are pertinent to the CDMA products and are not listed here.|
|2.07||Modified Trimble Palisade emulation TFOM operation.|
|2.06||Fixed very rarely occurring bug where TFOM would continue to indicate locked condition after satellites dropped.|