The Praecis II is a second generation time & frequency reference. In addition to sourcing precision 1 PPS timing and 10 MPPS frequency signals via SMA connectors, the Praecis II also provides an RS-232 serial port for control, status and timing.
- Indoor Antenna with CDMA Synchronization (Cellular & PCS)
- A 1 PPS signal which is synchronized to UTC at the 10-microsecond level of accuracy.
- A 10 MPPS signal which is locked to the frequency of UTC to parts in 10 to the 12th.
- An RS-232 serial port with ASCII time-of-day output.
- RS-232 Timing Signals for NTP Synchronization.
- One-year warranty with free software upgrades and free technical support for life.
- OCXO Oscillator Upgrade Option.
The Praecis II small size and convenient packaging, coupled with its integrated antenna, make it easy to install wherever it is needed.
The Antenna Advantage
Most precision time receivers require an antenna that must be installed on the roof of your building, with good sky visibility. The Praecis II eliminates this problem by synchronizing to within 10 microseconds of UTC using signals broadcast from the CDMA cellular telephone system. You benefit by not having to install a rooftop antenna and still having a timing reference that is as stable as with GPS.